CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Picnics

I've always loved picnics. These days they have new meaning.

Since we travel the country in our Ford Explorer we don't have room for all the toys, and/or other useful things that many parents use while raising their children. Especially not a high chair. Sometimes we are just lucky to have a small kitchenette and a table in our hotel room (if that table isn't being used as a desk that is). So Lilia and I have started our own morning ritual. We enjoy a bowl of oatmeal together. That's not such an odd ritual you say? Well, we sit on the floor and eat our oatmeal every morning. Picnic style on her blanket and/or my yoga mat. It's actually kind of nice. She can play with her toys in between bites, and I can stretch out and relax with her. They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I agree, and it's even more special now that I can share it with her.

Here's a video of her the other morning. She loves her oatmeal and has never refused it. But this morning she was discovering how her tongue worked:

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Wow! I think she will have Gma B's tongue, just like Miss 10 does. Bring her here so I can feed her. I miss that part, a lot!

jo said...

She's getting so grown up! What fun you must have. We envy you getting to spend time with her all day.

Allen Fieldhouse said...

thanks for letting us get a peek at your morning ritual. isaac & lauryn really giggled watching her. love that curl that is sticking out today.