CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

All’s Well on the Midwest Front

Lilia slept pretty well through the night last night but today she's been a little restless and a little bit fussy. I'm not sure if she's in a growth spurt today or if she's just got gas. It's so hard to try to discern her needs when all she can do is cry to let us know that she's not comfortable. I know in time we'll become more adept to adjusting our responses to her cries but for now it feels a little trial-by-fire. After a quick sponge bath and a cluster feeding cycle, she's napping and hopefully will grace us with a little break again this afternoon. So far, so good.

G'pa and G'ma Kjelshus returned back to North Dakota yesterday morning. Their visit was great and extremely helpful. Dee's dad, Ron, called around 4:30pm to let us know that their flights were good and on schedule and they had arrived safely. It's always nice to get that phone call when a family member or friends are traveling after a visit and especially at this time of the year with weather variations. It was hard to see them go but I'm sure they're happy to be home and able to sleep in their own bed.

Yesterday afternoon Dee and I took little Lilia on her first walk through the park near our condo. The weather was amazing! I think we set another record high here in Chicago for the second straight day. We bundled up Miss Lilia in her car seat and attached it to her travel system stroller and headed out. She didn't make a peep the entire walk. It's a little hard to believe since she's a little bit vocal at times. She was deep in mid-day nap. Hopefully this is a good sign she'll be a travel-pro since March is the departure time for Dee and her to join me on tour. At this point only time will tell.

Yesterday I had an audition for a Comcast radio spot. I had to sing the "blues". Does anyone see a problem with this? I'm about the whitest, straight-laced dude you'll ever meet. I did my best but don't expect any calls from it. Regardless it's always good experience to try something different and see what happens. Life is often about pushing your own boundaries, right? I guess the same analogy can be applied to fatherhood or just plain parenthood. Each day that Lilia is with us I'm learning more and more, and I'm lovin' every minute of it. Who knew?!

1 comment:

Allen Fieldhouse said...

all the rest of us with kids knew you'd love every poopin', cryin', stinkin' minute of it!!!