CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fat Tuesday

"Fat Tuesday is Mardi Gras, the festival New Orleans, Louisiana, is famous for."Gras" is French for fat and "Mardi" is French for Tuesday."

I'm back on the Mamma Mia tour in Appleton, WI. I left Dee and Lilia and my mom, who is graciously helping us with this transition, yesterday morning and drive a simple 3 hours north of our home to meet up with the company. With 2 ½ months away from it all, the arrival of a new baby, great amounts of food, a less than ambitious workout schedule and countless other factors I'm feeling the weight of it all. Figuratively and literally. It's not just the weight on my shoulders but also the new pounds I've added since my departure. So the fact that yesterday was Fat Tuesday couldn't have been more fitting.

After I checked and settled into my hotel room, I headed to the theatre to work with our assistant choreographer and one of our amazing keyboard players before the company meeting and sound check to test my brain and go over dance movers and music before diving into the Mamma Mia deep end. All-in-all I was really surprised that most of it came back into my body without much coercion. I guess once this show lives within you, it's always there buried deep below ready to be accessed or rather summoned when needed.

I stepped into the show without any major problems. I didn't kill anyone. In fact, it almost felt like I never truly left. I have such an amazing, supportive and welcoming set of friends out here. And the new faces, stories and subtle differences throughout the company have made it even more interesting than I could have imagined.

But regardless, Fat Tuesday was Fat Tuesday and I'm heading to the gym.

2 comments:

Allen Fieldhouse said...

that is too funny how you tied in "fat tuesday" with this post! glad the show went fine for you, guess it's like riding a bike ~ once it's ingrained in you, body & soul, it's there forever.

Mama Bear said...

Back to work.
Glad your first night went well.
Break a leg!